COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
On September 3, 2021 Governor Pritzker updated Covid-19 Executive Order No. 88, which affects higher education students and personnel. The mandate requires that students who are unable or unwilling to receive the vaccine provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result at least once per week. In accordance with Governor Pritzker’s mandate, First Institute is implementing important health and safety requirements to ensure that students are prepared when scheduled for on-campus learning.
· First Institute recommends that all students get a COVID-19 vaccination if they are able to do so. To schedule your free vaccination, go to vaccines.gov.
· Students must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination. If you are partially vaccinated, you may participate in on-campus classes and activities if you have a final vaccination scheduled. Proof is required within 30 days following administration of the first dose in a two-dose vaccination series. Login to your student account https://firstinstitute.diamondadm.com/login to upload proof of vaccination.
· Unvaccinated students may attend on-campus classes with proof of a negative COVID-19 test result at the start of each week you are scheduled to attend class on-campus. Test results must be within five (5) days.
· Free testing is available without an appointment. Please review the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for the testing site closest to you with this link https://www.dph.illinois.gov/testing. Pharmacies such as Walgreens and CVS also offer COVID-19 testing. Please plan on testing in advance as some testing sites may take 3-5 days to receive results.
· All students whether vaccinated or unvaccinated are required to wear a face mask indoors on campus.
MEDICAL ASSISTING & DENTAL ASSISTING PROGRAMS
The vaccinations below are not required upon enrollment, but students may be required to have a physical exam and proof of immunization and/or titers for communicable diseases and Tuberculosis testing prior to starting externship at a healthcare facility.
Please be aware that externship sites and/or employers may require proof of the following immunizations prior to externship or for employment.
1. Proof of immunity for:
· Chicken pox (varicella)
· Measles (rubeola), Mumps, Rubella
· Hepatitis B
2. Additional Requirements:
· 2-step TB test
· Background Check and/or Drug Screen
· A letter from your doctor stating your ability to perform an externship
· Proof of health coverage (a photocopy of your card is required)
· Flu Shot
· Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination