7 Reasons to Get Into a Medical Assistant Program
September 17, 2018
Train Near Chicago for a Healthcare Career
There has to be more to life than a low-paying, dead-end service industry job, right?
You want to do something that actually makes a difference for others, and you’d like to move up already.
In an ideal world, we would all be earning at least a living wage—sadly, we don’t live in an ideal world.
Not to worry, though. There is a way to increase your income and improve your quality of life…
7 Great Reasons to Get Into a Medical Assistant Program Now
- Medical Assistants earn $32,000/year on average.* That’s almost double what you earn working for minimum wage. Think about what you would do with that extra money in the bank…
- Jobs in this profession are expected to grow by 29% between 2012 and 2022.* That’s big. Much higher than the average for most other professions. That’s stability.
- Start your new career in just over a year. Many other programs require you to study full-time for 2 to 4 years. With First Institute’s Medical Assisting program, you can be prepared to enter the field in just over a year.
- It costs less to study for a little over a year than for 2 to 4 years. That’s simple math.
- If you want to move, you could easily take your career with you. As the Baby Boomers age, they need more and more medical care, and that means busier hospitals and clinics everywhere. More work for you.
- You could find work in a variety of facilities. Take your pick: doctors’ offices, hospitals, offices of other healthcare practitioners, outpatient care centers, and others.
- Plenty of opportunities for advancement. You could move up to clinical team leader, lead medical assistant, medical/clinical office manager, or healthcare administrator. And, yes, that means higher pay.
Convenient Training Near Chicago
If you happen to live in North Chicago, Riverwoods, Waukegan, Zion or Gurnee, you’ll be able to skip the awful commute into Chicago. First Institute’s campuses in Libertyville and Crystal Lake offer a Medical Assisting program.
Our training fits your busy schedule, and you can get set up to be certified in a licensed profession.
Oh, and the program includes a 10-week externship. Yep. Hands-on training in a real medical office setting, working with real patients. It helps you feel confident about your newly gained skills and abilities.
A Great Place to Start your Healthcare Career
You could complete your training to become a medical assistant in as little as 53 weeks with First Institute’s Medical Assistant program. Get started today on your journey to a career as a healthcare professional.
Don’t you want to feel liberated? Take the next step and give us a call at 815-459-3500 for more information.
*According to recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm