As of June 11, 2021, the state of Illinois is in Phase 5 and fully restored. This means that testing, tracing and treatment are widely available throughout the state. In Illinois all sectors of the economy are reopened with health and hygiene practices in place and large gatherings of all sizes may resume.
First Institute follows the CDC guidance for Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) and the state of Illinois recommendations.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds
First Institute of Travel, Inc OPEID ID 025849 received education stabilization funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), Public Law No: 116-136. This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to student>
Quarterly Budget Report HEERF I – Cares Act
Quarterly Budget Report HEERF II – CRRSAA 1st-2nd Qtr
Quarterly Budget Report HEERF II – CRRSAA 3rd Qtr
Quarterly Budget Report HEERF II – CRRSAA 4th Qtr
Quarterly Budget Report HEERF III – 1st Qtr
Is Healthcare Career Training Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.Get Your Healthcare Career Training Readiness Score Now!
McHenry County Top Workplaces Readers Choice Awards 2021
McHenry County Economic Development Corporation is proud to co-sponsor the 2021 Top Workplaces Readers’ Choice Awards. We are fortunate to have so many exceptional businesses who stand out to the readers of the Northwest Herald, and we salute them all. These past two years have been difficult and challenging… Read More
Program Start Dates
- May 23rd, 2022Medical AssistingMedical Assisting - Day Class - Mon/Wed First Institute (Libertyville & Crystal Lake)
- May 31st, 2022Massage TherapyMassage Therapy - Day Class Tues/Thurs & Evening First Institute (Crystal Lake)
- Jun 7th, 2022Dental AssistingDental Assisting - Day Class Tues/Thurs First Institute (Libertyville & Crystal Lake)
- Jun 21st, 2022Medical AssistingMedical Assisting - Night Class M-Thurs First Institute (Libertyville & Crystal Lake)
- Aug 18th, 2022Dental AssistingDental Assisting - Day Class Tues/Thurs First Institute (Libertyville & Crystal Lake)
- Aug 29th, 2022Massage TherapyMassage Therapy - Day Class Mon/Wed First Institute (Crystal Lake)
An Accredited Institution
First Institute is one of only a few accredited colleges in Crystal Lake. We are proud to be nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), which is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Their mark of approval is an independent sign of our high educational standards. We also adhere to the rules and regulations of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
First Institute programs are tailored for busy adult learners. Many students are working and/or raising families while going to school. With First Institute’s Day and Evening class options, you can choose the schedule that works for you.