What Credential Do You Need To Become a Dental Assistant?
September 25, 2023
Well, the answer to this question depends on your state’s specific requirements or the dental office you plan to work in. Generally, though, a minimum of a high school diploma/ GED and completion of an accredited dental assisting program is required.
Attending a dental assisting program, such as the one offered at First Institute, can provide effective training and open you up to career opportunities in the dental field.
Let’s now help you understand the importance of formal education in dental assisting and how First Institute can help you succeed in this career.
What Is the Importance of Formal Education in Dental Assisting?
Dental assistants work as part of the dental team, supporting dental professionals during procedures, maintaining patient records, and ensuring a sterile environment.
By obtaining formal education, aspiring dental assistants acquire the necessary skills to excel in these areas and more.
Dental assisting programs provide students with a well-rounded education covering all aspects of dental assisting. This ensures that graduates are fully prepared for their roles in dental offices and clinics.
Formal education in dental assisting not only provides a solid foundation of knowledge but also instills professionalism and expertise.
Furthermore, it enables dental assistants to stay updated with advancements in the dental field and pursue specialized certifications.
Employers often prefer candidates with formal education, as it demonstrates a commitment to the profession and a strong foundation in dental assisting.
Graduates of dental assisting programs are likely to have more job opportunities and a competitive edge in the job market.
Certification and Licensure
In some states, dental assistants are required to obtain certification or licensure to perform certain tasks.
Completing a dental assisting program can help students meet these requirements and become eligible for certification and licensure.
Why You Should Choose First Institute’s Dental Assisting Certificate Program
To become a dental assistant, many dental practices prefer candidates with formal education and training.
First Institute recognizes this need and provides an outstanding dental assisting program.
Here are some of the benefits you can get from the program if you aspire to become a dental assistant:
- Comprehensive curriculum: The program covers a wide range of topics, ensuring that students receive a well-rounded education in dental assisting.
- Hands-On Training: The program emphasizes hands-on training through clinical rotations and externships, ensuring that students gain real-world experience and are well-prepared for their careers.
- Flexible Scheduling: First Institute offers flexible scheduling options, allowing students to balance their education with work and family commitments.
- Experienced instructors: The program is taught by experienced dental professionals who provide valuable insights and guidance to students.
- Career Services: First Institute provides comprehensive career services, including job placement assistance, resume writing, and interview preparation, to help students transition into the workforce.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid is available for those who qualify, making it more accessible for students to pursue their education and career goals.
First Institute|Your Confident Start to a Career in Dentistry
You’ve been dreaming of a career in dentistry but don’t know where to turn. Either it’s too expensive, you can’t find the right program, or you simply don’t know where to start.
First Institute can help! We can get you started on your career in dentistry with our effective dental assisting program.
Let our experienced team help you gain the skills you need so you can enter the workforce confidently. To enroll or learn more, visit our website today.
Learn more about Dental Assisting: